Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Six Weeks Postpartum Period

The whole environment after the arrival of the new little cute member in the family is filled with emotions and sentiments. Especially the Pride of being a mother, introducing the family members to the little one, the care and touch towards the little one makes you forget the whole world around you.

There starts the saga of six weeks in the postnatal period. It is highly advised to follow the six week postnatal period as it gives time to the body and mind to restore back to normal after the labour and delivery. There is always a debate of whether the six weeks concept is required or not. Earlier even I felt it to be the life's boring part, but as the days went I realized the importance of the six weeks post partum period.

I was asked to sit in a room with my cute little one and would hardly would interact with other family members an hour a day. My mother-in-law played the role of midwife, helping me in the room. She took so much care of my kid and me in the six weeks postpartum period. The only console was my cute little one's face.

Being a career women, have always be on roam and felt that I was put within the four walls of the room. Food was delivered to my room, cleaning & washing would be done by servant. Other family members were mainly responsible in giving enthusiasm at the boring period.

We had chetti on the 11th day and on 21st day we gave Hakikah and with the celebration. then came our first wedding anniversary celebrations where friends and relatives visited our home to bless us and my little one. My daughter received so much of love and affection from everyone and the six weeks post partum period washed away.

Initially I felt boring but then realised that the woman’s body goes through many changes in postpartum, the six-week period after delivery, as the body attempts to return to its pre-pregnancy state. Some undergo vaginal bleeding or discharge for 4 to 6 weeks after delivery.

I had taken up the regular checkup with the doctor for weight and pressure. Inspections were done in the perineum. The doctor certified me fit for second carriage but...

No comments:

Post a Comment